A leader can be excellent in many areas but need extra support in other areas. It could save the school from a crisis situation and/or losing a good person to have them coached for a short period. In this way, various skills can be built and the leader can have a confidential sounding board to brainstorm various courses of action and potential outcomes.
- Does the Board work with the Administration so complex issues can be analyzed and potential solutions developed?
- Are crises and emergencies anticipated and planned for?
- Is there a process to identify constituent groups that may be out of alignment with the school’s mission and help clarify roles to decrease areas of conflict?
- Does the Board and constituent groups work in connection with the head of school in developing strategies to move forward to improve the school?
- How does the school identify and provide for their growth over time?